In a global market like that of health, it is important to effectively promote the players, strengths and skills that can be found in the Rhône-Alpes region.
Since its creation in 2005, Lyonbiopole has rolled out an ambitious international policy based on two major actions:
- Supporting the international expansion of its members, particularly the SMEs
- Extending the cluster's presence to strategic health markets around the world
The main target markets are:
- Europe: European positioning is a priority for the cluster, particularly within the Horizon 2020 programme.
- United States: The largest health sector market in the world, the United States remains the priority target market in SMEs' international expansion strategies.
- Canada/Quebec: A key North American market, Canada/Quebec is a gateway to the American market.
- Brazil: An emerging market with strong growth in South America.
- China: The gateway to Asia, China is a huge, growing market.
- Japan: The third largest market in the world, Japan offers high quality market and collaboration opportunities for our innovative SMEs.
Thanks to support from the regional authorities, particularly the Rhône-Alpes Region, Grand Lyon, Grenoble-AlpesMétropole and the French government (DGE), Lyonbiopole has developed a comprehensive range of support services.
Throughout the year, the cluster supports its members in making contact with strategic international partners thanks to several tools: