Lyonbiopole accreditation is a recognition of the scientific, medical and economic quality of your project from acknowledged experts and the cluster's governing members.
Accreditation maximises your chance of obtaining funding through calls for projects at a regional and national level.
Since 2005, Lyonbiopole has accredited 165 collaborative R&D projects, representing a total investment of €733 million, for which €300 million of public grants were awarded.
The accreditation process set up by Lyonbiopole is specific to each type of call for projects - not all of which are included. In each case, details of the application process are given on the selected call for projects page.
Your project must relate to major health issues if you want to apply for accreditation.
- For illnesses traditionally targeted by Lyonbiopole (infectious diseases, cancer, immune disorders, etc.), your project will be assessed by permanent Lyonbiopole Gtech members.
- For new research topics tabled by the cluster (cardiovascular diseases, neurological diseases, metabolic disorders, wounds, etc.), project evaluation is carried out by external experts who contribute their knowledge of these areas to Gtech's work.
To obtain Lyonbiopole accreditation, at least one of the project partners must be located in the Rhône-Alpes region.
Depending on the research topics addressed (multidisciplinary projects) and the location of the consortium members, joint accreditation applications can be lodged with the relevant competitiveness clusters.
The main assessment criteria for Lyonbiopole accreditation applications are:
- Consistency with Lyonbiopole's research topics
- Geographical location of the partners within the cluster's R&D region
- Maturity of the project and competitive positioning
- Relevance of the target market
- Quality and complementarity of the partnership (preliminary results and industrial property at start-up, objectives, schedule, funding plan, etc.)
- Scientific and technical impact of the project
- Resulting medical benefit
- Economic impact of the project (benefits in terms of jobs, sales, etc.)